Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Upcoming Events, Including One That's Very Special to Me!

I'm back from DC and Malice Domestic 2012. Had a splendid time there. Moderated one great panel and sat as a panelist on another. Pitched Every Last Secret at the New Author Breakfast. Sat at Anne Hillerman's table at the Awards Banquet. Anne is Tony Hillerman's daughter and an award-winning author of nonfiction. Her first mystery novel is in the works. She'll be taking her dad's female Navajo character, Bernadette Manuelito, as her protagonist after talking with her father about giving Bernie a stronger role. I'm really looking forward to this book.

I have some exciting events coming up, so I'll give a little overview of them here.

On Saturday, May 5, at 11:00 a.m., I'll be speaking and signing books at I Love A Mystery Bookstore, 6114 Johnson Drive, Mission, KS 66202. This will be in conjunction with the local branch of Sister in Crime, Border Crimes. I Love A Mystery is a fun place to visit, even without a program going on, so please come join us if you can.

On Sunday, May 6, from noon to 3:00 p.m., I'll be signing books at Books A Million, The Legends at Village West, Kansas City, KS. If you're out at the Kansas Speedway or the other great attractions out there, stop by and say hello, maybe pick up a book to give for Mother's Day.

I'm very excited about the next event! On Thursday, May 10, at 6:30 p.m., as part of Latina Week, MANA de Kansas City is hosting a meet-and-greet reception and booksigning at the Irene H. Ruiz Library, 2017 West Pennway Street, Kansas City, MO.

MANA de Kansas City is a wonderful organization dedicated to supporting and encouraging economic betterment and  leadership development in Latinas, young and old. For a number of years, I was an officer and board member of this great organization and also edited their newsletter for several years. I love the women (and men) of MANA de Kansas City and the great work they do for the community. So this is a signal honor for me. I hope you'll stop by the Ruiz Library on Thursday, May 10, to share some tapas with me and meet the fabulous members of MANA de Kansas City!

There's a new review of Every Last Secret up at Mystery Scene magazine. Here's the link.

Next week, I hope to get back to my normal schedule of a post in the Books of Interest by Writers of Color series and one in the Literary Mystery Novelists series each week. I have some great books that are about to come out by writers of color that I want to review for you. And I haven't even scratched the surface of literary mystery novelists. This Friday, though, I'll post a report with photos on book launch and Malice Domestic 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment