Monday, June 29, 2009

Heart's Migration gets more attention

My new book, Heart's Migration, is getting a lot of attention--or relatively, from my perspective. It has been featured in Kansas City Magazine. There's an article about it coming out in Studio Magazine. The PITCH did an interview with me about its appearing on The Writers Almanac for their blog--don't know if that's been posted yet or not. Then, of course, there were the two readings of it by Garrison Keillor on The Writers Almanac, the lovely post on Letras Latinas about it and on Ad Astra. (See my earlier post for links to all of those.)

Now, Pete Dulin, who with Pam Taylor, does so much for the literary and arts community in Kansas City with their great online city magazine, Present Magazine, has put up an interview with me about the book and a couple of poems from Heart's Migration. Check it out here.

I will be reading Wednesday, July 1 at 7:30 pm at the Lawrence Arts Center, 940 New Hampshire, in Lawrence, KS, at the launch of the anthology, Imagination and Place, and celebration of outgoing Kansas poet laureate Denise Low and incoming poet laureate Carryn-Miriam Goldberg. If you can make it to Lawrence or are already there, come join us.

Then, on Tuesday, July 21, at 7
:00 pm, I will read with Phyllis Becker in The Writers Place/Johnson County Resource Library reading series at the Johnson County Resource Library. Phyllis and I have some real fun planned. More on that later. Plan to come out and join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment